Sunday, June 26, 2011

Guest Artist: Why You'll Love This Colorful Clay

Quilt frame by Debra DeWolff
One of my favorite artists working in the non-quilt arena is Debra DeWolff. Debra is a Fimo artist who creates in bright colors and whimsical shapes. Here you see a little quilt frame she made for me years ago using Fimo clay and wire.  Isn't it adorable?!

After receiving the frame (measuring about 10" wide by 11" high), I made the quilt to match complete with a little rod pocket for her fanciful cross brace to hold the quilt.
Bracelet by Debra DeWolf (image by Larry Sanders)
Debra has a new blog/web site that you must visit. She is now making Fimo and felt jewelry in that same gorgeous color and pattern that makes you grin. Thanks, Debra, for making such beautiful art!

3 comments:

Connie said...

What a perfect frame for your artwork! Love the colors and as always your work is beautiful.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Hyperventilation. Palpitations. How cute is that frame????? Too cute!!Thanks for showcasing Debra's work - another blog to follow! Woohoo!

Lirinka said...

What a great post! I just came across your blog and I fell in love
with it! It's spectacular! I love your style!
Love, love your bracelet. Is it any way to buy it?
Check out my blog and
follow if you like it, I promise to do the same!
http://www.uniquedesignerkidsclothes.com/