Here we are trapped in our basement dye studio. And it's time to get a little color in our life. Here's how to dye the fabric.
- Mix Procion MX dye powder with hot water to make dye stock. Wear a dust mask and stylish rubber gloves for protection. Store the dyed stock in cute bottles.
- Pre-soak the fabric in soda ash water.
- Squish out the fabric.
- Arrange it artfully on a plastic platter or container.
- Pour the dye colors onto the fabric.
- Smoosh the color into the fabric using stylish yellow gloves on your hands.
- Go have a good meal, complain about the weather, and sleep for 8 hours.
- Wash out the fabric in your washer in 2 -3 wash cycles (really hot water for the last washing) to eliminate the left-over dye.
- Dry the fabric, iron it, and love the color!
|A very informative book you should get.|