Monday, June 13, 2011

What Wellsboro Has That You Will Love

Watkins Glen State Park. Yikes!
When you're on the road as a traveling quilt teacher, discoveries await you around every corner.
So watch out!





Here you see 2 quilters enjoying the view from the balcony of Falling Stars Farm, a beautifully designed B&B located near Wellsboro, PA near the New York state border. Note how joyous they are. That's cause they just had a quilt class!



My friend Madalene set me up with a stay at Falling Stars Farm while I was teaching for the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild, a well adjusted group who live in a beautiful setting. The proprietors of the B&B, Ken and Kate (also a quilter), were so friendly and hospitable that I may have to move in.
(Again, watch out!)
Four Little Landscapes
I enjoyed my time with the Mountain Laurel Guild members. Their quilts from the Four Little Landscapes class were wonderful! They should be rightfully proud of their quilts and delightful community of Wellsboro.

5 comments:

Linda said...

So....did you see any falling starts? What a fun quilt design that would be!

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a really nice place for a retreat. I enjoy being outdoors, so places like that, you can quilt and get out for walks.

Debbie

janet li said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trọng said...

cool , look good.

Anya said...

My fellow guild members loved your visit! I'm sorry I missed it, but glad you enjoyed your time in Wellsboro!