Thursday, July 14, 2011

Digital Sketch Book: Are You a Cool Stitcher?

It's high summer here in Illinois. The sun is blazing, the bees are buzzing, and the mosquitoes are on the hunt.
That is why I'm a big fan of air conditioning.

In this digital sketch (made with the Art Studio app for the Ipad) you see a little bird wishing he had air conditioning or at least a bird bath and a cold beer.

Now this little bird has the right idea. He's about to take a plunge in cool water or rush home to an air conditioned bird house. Air conditioning is an important factor in creating stitchery. It's hard to keep a thimble on a sweaty finger not to mention getting a grip on a needle. Remember that old hand stitched sampler that said, "Cool hands doth a stitcher make."

Hope you're keeping cool!

6 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I love your bright colors...and the little birds.
I read somewhere that you are doing a Quilting Cruise to Hawaii!!! I am going to be in Maui then..are you stopping in Lahanai?? Would love to meet you!

WoolenSails said...

I do melt in the heat, lol. I like working on small projects in the summer, a heavy quilt is too much even with air.

Debbie

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

It's blazing hot in my neck of the woods, too! That said, I'm still happy it is summer and not the cold winter!
That iPad app is really cool...would love an iPad! Your birds are fabulous!
Stay cool!
Angela

Sewconsult said...

Love that little bird!

goecker said...

Yes Laura, love my air conditioning, even in the car! Next week that bird will need it for sure from the news.

Dianne said...

Oh Laura! Would that you lived on the wet er I mean west coast, it is not hot here so you would never have to worry about hot hands or AC. The mosquitos have all drown or left for warmer climes.
So here I sit wishing for some of your summer weather whilst comtemplating a pattern for knitted slippers to keep my feet warm!!!