Wednesday, July 06, 2011

En plein air

Threads waiting to be stitched.
 Here we are on the patio stitching en plein air. Not because we are French but because it's a beautiful day and doing hand embroidery is so very refined.
A small bird with a loud voice.
Listen to that crazy little finch belt out his song like he has a blare horn strapped to his belly. The cosmos are in full bloom and the snap dragons look snappy.  My eagle eye also spots several weeds destined to become tenants of the plant afterlife.

Plein air stitching gives me the opportunity to share three of my loves: stitchery, gardening, and bird watching. Where do you do your stitching?

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am stuck in, with air on, way too hot, but we are getting breezes, so that helps. I go out on the porch in the afternoon when it cools down. I did up a piece with watercolor, now I am going to use some of the beautiful thread you sent me to do the stitching.

Debbie

Sherrie Spangler said...

I did mine outside today, with YOUR Saltwater Taffy thread and already blogged about it!

Linda said...

I would absolutely love to sit outside and stitch, but it has been near 100 around here lately and much too hot. SO, I sit on the couch with an old movie on the television and the air conditioning on!

Suztats said...

Sometimes on the side deck if the bugs aren't too bad, otherwise in the sunroom or the livingroom in my comfy chair.

Suzanne said...

I like to stitch in the fresh air, but lately it's been inside at the hospital...they even provided a sewing/quilting room for visitors and volunteers.