Sunday, July 24, 2011

Guest Artist: Look for the Spirit of the Celts

Frieda Anderson and Morven in our booth at the UK festival.
A long time ago, when I was a wee lass, I taught classes in Scotland and one of my lovely hostesses in Sterling was Morven. Since then Morven and I have managed to see each other at the Quilt Festival in Birmingham England.
Out on the town with the Scottish quilters.
 Alas, this year Frieda and I will not be attending the show. We shall miss you Morven!
The Dupplin Cross by Morven
Look for Morven's quilt, The Dupplin Cross, at the Birmingham Show this year.  She is part of a group exhibit with the theme of the Spirit of the Celts. Each country, Scotland, Wales and Ireland,  made quilts based upon their own Celtic heritage. Having see their other exhibits there is no doubt that this collection will be wonderful. I hope you get to see them!

No comments: