Sunday, July 31, 2011

Guest Artist: No Fear of Stitching

Judy R's quilt made in my Garden of Eden class
 My friend Judy attended 2 of my classes at the Knoxville show and to her surprise  did some hand stitching!
Judy R's quilt from my Stitch After Fusing class
Judy declared early on in the Stitch After Fusing Class that she hadn't done any hand stitchery for a long long time and wasn't sure if it was for her. As you can see, she was wrong.

Judy declares she is now "hooked!" Hand embroidery is for everyone! Didn't she do a wonderful job?

Thanks Judy for taking the class and for taking a chance on the old fashioned needle and thread method of embellishing art quilts. If you'd like to join Judy in her liberated state please attend one of my classes. We'll have fun!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful! More hand stitchers are always a good thing :)

Carolyn in Kerrville, TX said...

Laura - Your creative mind must be churning all the time. I just love what you do. I wish I had been more aware when you came to my guild and taught us to fuse and stitch. I hope I can take one of your classes again. Carolyn in Kerrville, TX

WoolenSails said...

I love how she used the fabrics and applique on the sides, really nice art piece.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

Her bright fabrics are just a delightful greeting.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

hol said...

Beautiful Judy! It was a delight meeting you in person today, and sharing our love of design and craft! Hol

Salsy said...

Hooray I found your blog. Wonderful fun with fabrics. I look forward to exploring more. Salsy

Chris Chambers said...

Great idea, Laura. Thanks..

jasonfan said...

wonderful prom dresses

wedding dress

wonderful prom dresses

wedding dresses

cheap wedding dresses

wholesale wedding dresses

bridal online shop

party cocktail dress

strapless cocktail dress

wholesale wedding dresses

A-line Wedding Dresses


Designer Wedding Dresses 2011

Empire Waist Wedding Dresses

Ball Gown Wedding Dresses

Halter Wedding Dresses

Lace wedding dresses

Maternity wedding dresses

Off the shoulder Wedding Dresses

Prom Dresses