Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How To Tuesday: How to Get Your Husband to Iron Fabric

You too can con your husband into ironing fabric for you. Use these simple steps and you'll experience a feeling of accomplishment and a sense of well being. Not to mention getting your fabric ironed too!

How To Get Your Husband to Iron Fabric
1. Dye some fabric in various containers. Notice how your back and feet are aching? Good. You'll need that memory in the future.
2. Wash the fabric and stack it conspicuously on a shelf. Sign loudly.
3. Complain about how tired your feet are. You've been on your dogs dyeing for days!
Sigh louder.
4. Heat up your trusty, shiny, new steam iron. Point out its features like how it glides across fabric and is a pleasure to steam with.
5. Find something on TV for him to watch. Cartoons work best. Or maybe an old war movie. But do not put on a political debate or the iron won't be the only thing steaming! You want to keep his attention so he doesn't wander out of the room.
6. Park him in front of the TV, the iron, and see the results!

7. Be grateful and give him a big kiss as a reward. (Image deleted by censors.) In extreme cases offer to make dinner and rub his feet. Rub his feet after dinner.

I hope you have found this helpful. It may also work with children and unsuspecting house guests.

15 comments:

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

OK I wanna know about the shoes! Air-conditioned tennies!!! Who/what/where?? (Oh yea - and the fabric is great!! :-)

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Gale! I'm wearing shoes by Keen. They are comfy and cool!

Mommarock said...

giggles... What a man!! And yes.. the shoes.. they look super comfy...

Judy said...

Ha Ha That would never work at my house! Don't have the fancy steam iron. hmmmmmmm

Carolyn in Kerrville, TX said...

The stack of ironed fabric looks fabulous. But that will never work at my house. My husband and I have a pre-nup. He doesn't iron and I don't pump gas. It works for us. I have some Keens. Very comfy. Carolyn in Kerrville, TX

Gabriela said...

LOL!!!!!
So glad it worked for you!

upstateLisa said...

wow! Impressive. After my husband ruined an outfit of mine in the laundry, I haven't let him near any of those machines, let alone the iron.

Lisa said...

Awesome! I've used this technique on a daughter when I needed a ton of patterns cut out. It was fabulous to have someone else do the "mindless" work. :D

The fabrics look so lovely!

YankeeQuilter said...

I knew I was going to marry my husband when I saw him iron his T-shirts! (he is retired Air Force...drives him crazy to have anything in the Ironing basket...even fabric!)

Robin in WNC said...

The husband helped cut up peaches for the freezer last night. I might have to wait a while to try this one on him, but thanks for the instructions.

Kajsa said...

Best tutorial ever! ;) Funny blog, btw... :)

Stephanie said...

I don't mind ironing fabric! Funny, because I hate to iron clothes. And hubs already does the vacuuming around here (really!) so I hate to push my luck. Nice strategy, though... may put it to use on some other chores...

Sarkari-Naukri said...

Hi wonderful! the ironed clothes looks great..

Clare said...

I don't mind ironing fabric. It's clothes I hate doing.

May be if I had an iron like yours DH would be more inclined to iron his shirts!

sanann said...

My Tim is awesome, but I don't see that ironing thing working. Your iron looks pretty space age. I have cheapo walmart cause I have a tendency to be klutzy and bump things and boom, down goes the iron. Or...the cats do their flying round the room, up the walls, across the furniture and see how many things they can bump off. :) Sandi