Monday, July 11, 2011

Is your art like this asparagus?

Is your art going to seed like the asparagus in my garden? Do you have a stack of art work that is growing old and never seen the light of day let alone an art gallery?

That's good!
Ann's Asparagus
If you have a stack of art work, that means you are practicing your skills as an artist. Waiting until inspiration strikes before you create something is like waiting to win the lottery without buying the ticket.

You have to make lots of art to make really good art. So get out there and plant that seed!

3 comments:

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Thanks again for the boost! It seems I need continual reminders like this to JUST DO IT!! (There are some tamari balls still waiting for more detail!)

WoolenSails said...

I was just saying that I make too much too fast, so I am not being creative, hmmm, lol. I do need to spend time every day drawing in my pad, that I never make time for lately.

Debbie

Ruthie Powers said...

Laura, I backed off from reading blogs for about a year and have begun again to look around on the web. Really do enjoy your humor and spirit. Thanks for a wonderful blog.