Monday, July 18, 2011

It's a Stitch on the Road



Now here's an unusual sight. It's a quiet morning on the way to Concourse C at O'Hare airport. The colorful lights and music will be very familiar by mid-August as I visit TN, WA, OH, CO, and MI. Put them all together and they spell Tnwaohcomi.

There's a lot of packing and re-packing and discovering dirty laundry you forgot to unpack from packing. As a traveling quilt teacher, packing a suitcase has become an art form for me. Like a kinetic sculpture, the contents of my suitcase expands, contracts, revolves on carousels, and at times feels lead weights suspended from my arms.
Thread on a bed.
One thing that always travels with me is a little quilt to embroider and the thread and tools for the embroidery. Here they are making themselves at home in my TN hotel room at the AQS Knoxville show. Wonder how many needles they found in that bed?


1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I always like to make up small pieces and sitcheries for travel. Easy to carry and basic supplies.

Debbie