Friday, August 26, 2011

Alas, A Jewelry Class Failure: Day 4

After a few days of jewelry class with Thomas Mann, it turns out I can't make jewelry. But, please, don't be disappointed for me. Instead I have discovered a new art form!

Making small sculptures from found objects! Yes, all those attempts at sawing, and riveting, and pounding metal turned into little found object sculptures. Here you a former bird pin lodged into a make shift easel made with some surprising ingredients- a rusty wrench and paint encrusted window hardware.

Sometimes you discover joy in the most humble of objects!

9 comments:

MarĂ­a Cristina said...

Simplemente genial!!
Abrazos!

Sequana said...

I LOVED that pin from yesterday with the faces just showing.

What do you mean you can't make jewelry? All you need is some practice.

Gene Black said...

Not a failure at all. In fact, you learned more than most people in the class probably did. You found a completely new form of inspiration. I can see you making sculpture and quilts as companion pieces. Now that would be a cool art exhibit!

Gene Black said...

Oh yes, I meant to say - Not ALAS at all but rather AH HA!

Linda said...

Wouldn't you know your little sculpture is as much fun as your wall hangings!

WoolenSails said...

I love your little sculpture, it is fun to experiment.

Debbie

Marcia W. said...

Wow! I really like the scuplture you made.

JessicaSews said...

You did metal applique!!!

BTW: I love it!

Rings 'n Dreams Co. said...

Your work is amazing!!