|GO! Baby Fabric Cutter from AccuQuilt|
With all this talk about the Accuquilt die cutters this week I thought I'd show you another use for die cut shapes: building a tiled collage from the fused shapes.
The leaf die has lots of possibilities like using them as..... leaves.
But you can also use them to build pattern like this.
Or cut them with a decorative blade and re-arrange the shapes to make this type of design.
|A tiled collage using die cut leaf shapes.|
- Place a row of leaves vertically on release paper or a Teflon sheet. Slightly overlap them on the sides to engage the next leaf.
- Fuse-tack that row of leaves into place.
- Add another row horizontally across the first row. These leaves are placed between the leaves in the first row to fill in the gaps. Fuse-tack them into place.
- Continue to add rows. In our example the leaves were slightly tilted on each row toward the center of the collage.
- Make a little Acorn House with the resulting collage.
|Acorn House (sorry, it's been sold)|