Friday, September 16, 2011

Adventures in Quilting Episode 4: Are You a Character?

In today's episode of Adventures in Quilting our young quilt teacher settles into her frigid hotel room and discovers a surprise in her carry on luggage. It appears a bag of orange slices (packed for snacking from a previous trip) have turned into a squishy, smelly pulp.
A hotel room in the land of Philly.
Hurriedly disposing of the mushy orange, she greets her roommate, also a young quilt teacher, called Pepper. They catch up on recent news, discuss what they are teaching in Philly, and soon settle into that routine practiced by travelers around the world: checking email.
Hotels in outer Philly.
As the young quilt teacher relaxes in her hotel she realizes her job is fraught with challenges like air travel, shuttle buses, and bad food. But she loves her job. And she is so happy to be part of the quilt world.

Where else would you find such friendly people? People who love color and fabric and art and who could care less if you oranges are mushy? It's good to be a quilter. It lends you character.

6 comments:

Sequana said...

I don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying this trip. :) It's a laff a day.

Linda said...

This series is certainly bringing back memories of trips "a young quilter I know" has taken! Love it!

WoolenSails said...

Enjoy reading about your trip adventures and the fun pieces you have shown with them.

Debbie

Sherrie Spangler said...

Travel tip: Pack chocolate chips,not oranges. Even if they melt into a blob, they're still edible and nourishing. I'm loving your travelogue!

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing this great content, I really enjoyed the insign you bring to the topic, awesome stuff!

Party Event Lighting Service Las Vegas

lyric said...

Ah yes - the traveling. I'm getting to be such a big CHARACTER that I hardly know what to do with myself!

I didn't have a sniffler. I had a very large man - snoring. He was very, very nice when he was awake. But asleep he was, shall we say, invading my space.

The quilters make it all worth while. I couldn't think of a nicer group of people to play with!