Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adventures in Quilting: Something Raises It's Ugly Head

Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
In the continuing story of our young quilt teacher's journey to Penn National, we visit more student work from the Colorful Leaves class. Tragically she can't remember the names of those who made the beautiful pieces having a brain like a sieve.
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
 As she reviews the work she is reminded of that old saying: "I am green with envy!"
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
This is because several times in class she would stop, look at what the students were making, and think, "Now why didn't I think of that!"
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
Or she would think, "I don't want to be the teacher. It's more fun being the student!"
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
Soon jealously welled up inside her. She wanted to play with fabric too!
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
But nooooooooo! She had to be a good girl and behave and not grab the fabric out of the students hands and make her own art work!
Student work from Penn National. Sorry I can't remember who made it.
And that is when the young quilt teacher realized that life is not fair. And if she ever got the chance, she would take a class from herself.

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Thanks for being "good." I have had art teachers take the brush out of my hand and paint on my work.
It looked great, but it wasn't MINE.

WoolenSails said...

I think that is what is so great about your classes, you give them the idea and then they expound on it and create something a little different or in ways that are their own and everyone learns something new.

Debbie

Sharon Rotz said...

I love your comments about taking your class from yourself. It's hard to resist the urge to jump in and play too.