Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fowl Play Bird Lovers Fly!

Nice quilt Nancy!
Here we see an intrepid student from one of my previous classes, Nancy. She bravely took another workshop from me at Penn National called Fowl Play: Birds With No Egrets. The woman has no fear!
Student work.
My students always amaze me with their abilities to work on the fly. They started with some basic bird body and bird wing shapes and then develop their own designs with their pre-fused fabrics.
I think Lee made this.
This soon to be finished piece, made good use of the gradation of color in the fabric. They are simple shapes in a nicely executed design. Note the attractive legs!

Coralyn did some online research to design this piece. This may be a gift for a grand child. Or she just has too much time on her hands.

And here we have Regina, another repeat student working on her graduate degree in fusing.
You never know what people will come up with in a class like Fowl Play. That is the beauty of fusing. It gives you endless possibilities!

3 comments:

Sequana said...

Luckily, I have the bird dye for my Baby.....lots of fowl inspiration here. I have my fused winnings from you that will come in handy for a project like this.

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful pieces and full of character.
I was about to start a new piece, but decided to go with finishing some ufo's. Will have lots to keep me busy this winter and I will enjoying exploring my creative side.

Debbie

soren2go said...

Would that be Nancy Colladay?????? She is a friend of mine from my Maryland Guild, Friendship Star. I'm now living in CA but I think I know her and her sister Coralyn, also a quilter.