Saturday, September 17, 2011

Have You Seen Stitched, the Movie?

I am stunned an amazed to be standing with Pat Holly and Caryl Fallert.

There's a new documentary about quilting out called Stitched. Have you seen it? It is enthralling! And I'm not even in it. One of the featured artists is my friend, Caryl Fallert, a pioneer in the art quilt world.

Not that Caryl can be found traveling to Montana by wagon train. What I mean is that Caryl has been in this profession for a long time and is very generous with her knowledge. Like Lewis and Clark in heels, she forged a trail for the rest of us.

If you'd like to see Stitched, stop in at the National Museum of Mexican Art, 1852 West 19th St. in Chicago this Sunday, Sept. 18 at 2 pm. It is well worth your time.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I watched the trailer and now I want to see it!!!

Nancy said...

I saw it, and it's outstanding. Really well done and it offers so much insight into the quilting industry. Enjoy the PA show!

Dianne said...

TQS (The Quilt Show) offered the show to it's members for the month of August so I watched it twice. Great show and well worth watching. It does give one insight into just what it takes to win in a show the calibre of Houston's annual show.

smith said...

Wonderful and fabulous post.
Power Supply