Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to Relax at Home with a Twist


Every once in a while I like to sit down and twist a little thread. It's a hobby like stamp collecting, gardening or juggling. A well twisted thread is so very satisfying. And let's face it, I've really dropped the ball on that juggling hobby.
Once I twist the thread, I like to place it artfully on a table next to some dahlias from the garden. This is the Southwest Rainbow colorway you see artfully placed here. Does it look like the green chair is creeping up on the thread? Or is it just me being paranoid?

4 comments:

Linda said...

How funny! The chair actually DOES look like it's creeping up on the thread!
I love having something "mindless" to do with my hands. I would probably enjoy twisting thread, too! (I'm NOT calling you "mindless", by the way!)

Elaine said...

I think you can relax anywhere you are even if things aren't going perfectly. But twisting thread? I tried that recently to make hat strings, but it didn't work for me. Maybe you can't twist at the same time you're cooking dinner. Oh well, I ended up knitting an I-cord.

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

Who wouldn't want to 'creep' up on that gorgeous thread... chair or no? Keep it up, Twisted Sister!

WoolenSails said...

Funny how perspectives can change the look of a photo. Love the hues and they look gorgeous against the white.

Debbie