Saturday, October 22, 2011

Can She Bake an Apple Pie?

Eve strolling through the garden of Eden. Apple pie anyone?
The second day of Quilting on the Waterfront is complete and I'm happy to report that the Duluth quilters are really talented! In fact, after seeing what my students made in the Garden of Eden class, I am convinced that I should retire. When your students create such beautiful art that you become insanely jealous, it's time to move on.
Maybe I'll take up a hobby instead, like........ baking.

Nah! Like that's going to happen! This is the only apple pie I've made in the last 30 years. I bet Eve didn't bake any apple pies in the Garden of Eden either. She'd say, "Bake your own apple pies Adam. Can't you see I'm trying to deal with this snake!"

4 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

I love both of those quilts especially the top one. How lovely.
What talented work/

Norma Riehm said...

You are a fabulous teacher Laura and I enjoyed every minute of your class yesterday. Making the garden of eden wallhanging was so much fun that last night while having tv time with my husband, I did all my hand stitching on the piece. He does tend to watch all 150 channels on mute, so I usually have a backup plan for my own personal entertainment during tv time. Today I'll be quilting it. Thank you a great time, and I hope to see you again, maybe at a quilt show.

Sewconsult said...

Yes, she can, Billy Boy. Billy Boy! The Garden of Eden is spectacular.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Lisa said...

hahaha I think Adam and Eve were on the popular Raw Food diet. ;)