Monday, October 10, 2011

Can This Focus Group Focus?

Early this morning I depart for a visit with the Cabarrus Quilters in the lovely state of North Carolina. These quilters have unknowingly become part of a "focus group" for my Zen Doodle Quilts class.
It seems they were interested in my article in the April/May 2011 issue of Quilting Arts magazine called, Zen Doodle Quilts: Using Free-style Doodles for Art Quilt Design. Their request that I do a class based upon the article came in March.

"Sure!" I said, "Why not! After all, I know were of I speak!"

This may not be true. Making artwork and teaching others how to make artwork are two different animals as any good scientist experimenting with animals will tell you.
The lucky Cabarrus  guild is the first to be exposed to this experiment called Zen Doodle Quilts and therefore are a "focus group". Can they remain focused during the class? Can the teacher remain focused? Does she need new glasses?  We shall see!

5 comments:

Sally Westcott said...

I so wish you were heading here! (Hobart Tamania)!

Janelle said...

I loved this article. It will be interesting to see the results from your class.

Gene Black said...

I wish I were there to "focus" with y'all. I guess I need to find a copy of that magazine!

KatieQ said...

I can't wait to see and hear the result of your Zen Doodle class. They are a lucky bunch of quilters.

WoolenSails said...

I need to do some Zen doodling, be a good way to get the creative thinking, going again.

Debbie