Monday, October 31, 2011

Is There a Quilter's Migration Pattern?

On the last day of the International Quilt Market I spent an hour in the Accuquilt booth showing off my new die for the GO! cutters, Kay's Bouquets. As I demonstrated the die, I got a little caught up in arranging and rearranging the cut shapes. It was so much fun! 

Eventually they had to drag me out of the booth.
Here's the friendly Accuquilt crew that had to drag me away from the booth. Apparently other people are supposed to demo the cutter too.
 
It's so nice to be part of this quilt community in Houston. Like the little birds in  Birdhouse Garden, we gather once a year to visit, share new ideas, and discuss migration routes.
Sadly, we have to say goodbye today and close the Market booth down. Happily, we will open an expanded version of the Artfabrik booth on Wednesday when Festival begins. Hope your migration route brings you here!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do wish I could migrate to Festival....but I have other commitments that prevent that trip.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Oh FUN FUN FUN! Can't wait to get my hands on the die. Laura, I just love the houses & trees piece! Tres adorable! Here's wishing you oodles of success at Festival!

Laura Wasilowski said...

Thanks Gene and Gale.
I shall miss you!
Laura

Mommarock said...

Giggles.. you are so funny! I can just imagine how much fun it would be though.. LOL.

WoolenSails said...

I like the idea of shapes for the cutter, haven't looked to see what is new, lately.

Debbie

gill said...

I love your Birdhouse Garden!