Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Lovely Assistant Cuts It A Little Close

We've completed day 2 at PIQF with the Four Little Landscapes class. This class involves the creating of very small landscapes using a really big imagination. My students did great work and were most entertaining!

In a buoyant mood, I performed an act of selfless generosity during class: I insisted that my lovely assistant take a break from aiding me in the classroom and go view the quilt show.
That was a mistake! She was so overwhelmed by the exhibit that upon her return she could not concentrate on helping students cut their fabric. As you can see, disaster ensued. Luckily, I always travel with a tourniquet and band-aide for such occasions.

6 comments:

Jean said...

This looks like a great class! I am sure your students are having a great time and learning lots!

WoolenSails said...

She is getting herself into a lot of trouble on this trip, lol. I like the idea of making smaller pieces, great way to learn technique without being too overwhelming.

Debbie

Maya said...

I loved your class Laura! I'm starting on the thread work today! :)
Thanks a lot!!

Donna said...

Injuries are never funny but your Lovely Assistant is cracking me up! I hope to take one of your classes sometime.
D~~~~

Sewconsult said...

I have those scissors and they are very sharp. It would be a lesson to your Assistant that she minds her manners and not get so ambitious.
Beckie

Nancy said...

Looks like another fun class. But your assistant? Yeah, she's trouble.