Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Lovely Assistant Gets into Fusing

After day 3 here at PIQF, my class, Tiny Homes, is complete. Expectations were high for students to produce stunning work. And they did! It is said that Californian quilters have a keen sense of design, color, and frivolity. My kind of people!
Regretfully, it has become clear to me that my lovely assistant is not my kind of people. Again she has proven to be an idiot. At one point in class she managed to trap herself between fusible web and fabric. Only quick thinking on my part saved her from being fused flat between fabric and glue thus saving her from becoming a..... grilled chicken sandwich.

7 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

My guild here in North Augusta had our show last week...two wallhangings members started in your workshop won ribbons! A little house quilt and a garden quilt...both members were really excited!

Suzanne said...

Quick thinking on your part! I think your assistant needs to find some kind of other work.

WoolenSails said...

She is a bit of a noodle head, but she makes me laugh;)

Debbie

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Just wanted to let you know that I saw you on Sewing With Nancy yesterday...I really enjoyed it!
Have a great Sunday!
Angela

Sewconsult said...

Grilled Chicken Sandwich!!!!!!!! Oh, my, you and your assistant are hilarious. Great little quilt design.
Beckie

Gloria Luz said...

Laura,
cada vez que visito o seu blog, fico encantada com os trabalhos aqui apresentados.
Obrigada por compartilhar tantas idéias;
Um grande abraço.

Loralei said...

Your lovely assistant is so lucky to have someone like you, to save her and her toes!! Thanks for the giggle :-))