Saturday, October 29, 2011

Surviving the Big Booth Set Up with a Tea Bird

Do you know this building? It's where every quilter wants to be right now. It's the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston TX and the location of the huge International Quilt Market. Fortunately, they haven't moved the building on us so Frieda and I were able to find it yesterday and begin the big booth set up.
Here is Frieda happily contemplating opening our shipped boxes and silently fretting that she forgot something. She did. The cutter to open the boxes.
Hours later. Here I am happily contemplating dinner and a chair. You'll be relieved to know we found the box cutter.
 
Another quilt pattern being introduced at Market is Tea Bird,  a combination of  two wonders of the world, tea and birds. Tea Bird is like getting two amazing things for the price of one. What a deal!
Here's our little Tea Bird contemplating tea. It's a Zen like moment captured in quilt time.

6 comments:

Loralei said...

Two of my favourite things: tea and birds! I'm about to have tea now, and do a bit of quilting, before heading off to my day job... Have a great time in Houston!

WoolenSails said...

I love seeing all your quilts in the booth, they look so beautiful against the black cloth. Your new pattern is so fun and reminds me of a friend who made bird feeders from tea cups and saucers.

Debbie

Amanda said...

Went to Houston last year and had a ball. I decided I couldn't do it two years in a row, and now am kicking myself.

My friend Cheryl Sleboda will be teaching a class at Make It University this year, so say hi if you see her.

Donna said...

The booth looks fabulous and I love all the color! With all the practice that you and Freida have had had assembling your booth, I'll bet you could do it in your sleep! I'm happy to hear that you found the box cutter too. Was it in a box? Tee-hee!
D~~~~~

Ruth Anne Olson said...

Tea Bird is a wonderful pattern. Wish I were there in Houston. Someday...

Melissa P said...

It was great to meet you today. There was no indication whatsoever that there were any glitches in the booth set up. :) Enjoy the rest of the show!