Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I Forgot to Pack: Flying Home

The name of this new quilt pattern that will be premiering at Houston Market is Flying Home. As you may have guessed it is about my love/hate relationship with airports. So much of my time is spent at O'Hare Airport that I now know the woman who tags my bags by name (Mary). We discuss traffic, restaurants, and quilting while my bags top out at 50 pounds each.

As our little bird dashes for home you see that eager look in her eyes. If she had ruby slippers she would be saying, "There's no place like home." But, of course, she forgot to pack her ruby slippers and has to fly coach instead.

4 comments:

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Love the bird! Enjoy Houston. Wishing you ruby-slipper swiftness on the way home!

Donna said...

I love this quilt! She's a cool bird, and I can picture the ruby slippers hanging beneath her soaring little body!
D~~~~

cottonreel said...

I was blog browsing and found you . I love your prim quilts

NEEDLEWINGS said...

And such a lovely bird it is! Looks like it is in the friendly skies! lol