Friday, October 21, 2011

Where the Quilters are Strong and the Quilts Good Looking

 
Through the miracle of flight, I have arrived here in Duluth MN for the Quilting on the Waterfront workshops hosted by Helen Smith Stone. The Fowl Play: Birds with No Egrets class is complete and my students made wonderful designs! It's always good to be with fun people.
The barge outside my hotel room on Lake Superior in Duluth.
I like Duluth. It has the clear, cool waters of Lake Superior lapping at it's shore and hardy, brave people who face it every day. Really hardy people. If you've every been there you know there are no wimps in Duluth.

5 comments:

Joyce Q said...

What a delightfully FUN workshop on your first day in Duluth! Katie and I couldn't stop talking about it most of the way home! As Katie said, "We had no expectations." Thanks, Laura!!

Superior Threads said...

That's a workshop I'd love to attend. Your barge is wonderful. Have fun!!

Ricci

WoolenSails said...

That is such a fun class, look forward to seeing more of the workshop.

Debbie

Ruth Anne Olson said...

I love your posts.

tosha said...

the ship is GORGEOUS! can i have it? ^.^