Saturday, November 05, 2011

Are You Waiting for That Asteroid to Strike?

Here is a second set of new quilts premiering in our booth (#1015) in Houston. It's a little gallery of  little quilts by a little woman who lives in a little house.
When making these quilts I enter into the "creative zone". This is a zone in my mind reserved for art making, day dreaming, and driving. In the creative zone, an asteroid could land in my backyard unheard.
These 3 quilts are from the My House series. A series based on actual places I have lived. Don't worry, not once have I had an asteroid land in the back yard.

Yet.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

They are beautiful little quilts as always. I especially like the house on the pole. It looks so peaceful to be floating up there with the birds.

WoolenSails said...

I love the idea of using buildings and houses that mean something to me and making them into fun quilts. I think I have a lot of to do lists for this year;)

Debbie