Saturday, November 12, 2011

Celebrating Art and that Mean Streak in All of Us

It's been a fast week of art making here at Art Quilt Tahoe. It was so great to visit with friends, acquire new friends, and make art work in a beautiful setting.
As Artist in Residence it was a wonderful opportunity to relax and make small art work like this little composition born from my bags of fused scraps.
The compositions are all packed and ready to travel back home where I'll steam set them to batting, add hand stitchery, and bind them.
And then there was this little gem. Driving Miss Daisy....Away where a sweet, innocent daisy is driven from the garden by evil, ugly weeds! It represents the evil in all of us (or at least that mean streak that I happen to carry around with me.)
Made with my fellow open studio cohorts, Charlene and Leah (above), Miss Daisy was entered in an evening quilt challenge. Although it didn't win the contest, we did win the stale cupcake award for "Most Fun Making a Group Quilt".

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks like you had lovely views and weather and a great deal of creativity amongst your group.

WoolenSails said...

What gorgeous views, think I would just sit on the porch and relax, lol. Love your new creations from the trip.

Debbie

Mitzi Zohar said...

I'm so happy to have stumbled across your blog. I've enjoyed your work for years.

donaleen said...

must be so much fun to collaborate like that.