Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Goofing Off in the Teachers' Lounge

As teachers at the International Quilt Festival, Frieda and I check in with the Education Department. The lovely Barbara greets us. Ever alert, I note there is a bowl of candy on her desk.
Me, Frieda, Kim and Shelly
We also see Kim who is in charge but is so friendly you'd think he was just some nice guy that hangs around the education room. We also get to meet other teachers that are at the show like Shelly Stokes from Cedar Canyon Textiles in Minnesota.

I was disappoint to find out that Shelly does not have a Minnesota accent so I couldn't practice my second language, Minnesotan. One must keep up their language skills.

5 comments:

Pam said...

What a hoot! (that's all the minnesotan I know.) Houston Quilt Festival, I mean. Thanks for sharing all the details, I wish I was there. Next year if you need a slave to come along and tote all your boxes, unpack and pack, etc. I volunteer.
Meanwhile, I am going to a retreat and hoping to finish the project I started when you came to visit us in Seattle!

Monica said...

Wish i was there. have a margarita for me!

Donna said...

You are so fun! It looks like you're having a great time too. I remember you mentioning speaking Minnesotan before but I didn't know it was your second language. I can say Minnesooohotah like a Minnesotan but my second language is gibberish. I talked hubby into coming to quilt fest with me so I don't have to make the drive by myself. I definitely plant to stop by your booth.
D~~~~

WoolenSails said...

Goofing off is what I do best, lol.
I have this horrible habit, if i am with someone, that has an accent, I start talking like them.

Debbie

Greenmare said...

oh ya, I sure do like yer birdies. how was that? Sadly I can only be with your in all those fabulous places in spirit, but I have a very flighty spirit so I'm sure it swooped past on occasion... like when you were playing uh, working with all those fun shapes.
MN hugs!!!