Sunday, November 06, 2011

Guest Artists: Iron Maidens Complete Their Quest

Cathryn's Out of the Box
You may recall that I've had a recent bout of teaching in various parts of the country. And I'm happy to report that my students have completed their work! This is a great victory for these graduates of the Chicago School of Fusing  also know as Iron Maidens. Here you see Cathryn's lovely piece from the Fowl Play class in Duluth called Out of the Box.
And here we have a sweet quilt by Dorothy who took my class at PIQF in Santa Clara, CA. Please note the axe to the right of the composition. Dorothy told a very poignant story about her pet chickens in class. And you'll be happy to know they all live happily ever after.

Thanks Cathryn and Dorothy for sharing your terrific work with us! Go Team!

3 comments:

cindy said...

These are great quilts, great students and you must be a great teacher. Did you ever think of coming to PEI to teach this, lol. I always wanted to quilt but I don't know if I have it in me. Good job!

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful quilts and love the quilting they did on them.

Debbie

donnarae said...

Enjoyed meeting you at IQF and seeing all your wonderful quilts in person. Love my new threads!