Thursday, November 03, 2011

Who's Getting Lucky in Houston!

Sorry, I can remember the name of this quilt.
The International Quilt Festival is up and running! Our booth looks spiffy and there is a whole wall devoted to small quilts for sale, including this one. See those sweet flowers? They are made with my Kay's Bouquet die and the AccuQuilt GO! cutter. The die is in their Whimsical Designer Series. I'm not sure if "whimsical" refers to the designer of the die or the design the die makes.

The wholecloth background fabric for this quilt is actually hand-printed with hand-carved stamps. On the April 23, 2012 episode (#1009) of The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson, I'll show you how I carved the stamps and printed the fabric. No doubt it shall be a memorable episode.
Pre-fused and pre-cut Kay's Bouquet flowers for my students.
The Kay's Bouquets die also came in handy for cutting out kits for my students. Today in the Silk Flake Flower class, each student will receive a set of pre-cut silk flowers. Those lucky sons-of-a-gun!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

It is a lovely little quilt and a great design.

WoolenSails said...

I saw they had some new dies, need to go to their site and see what ones they have.

Debbie

Lisa said...

Sheesh, Laura, do you EVER sleep?