Friday, November 18, 2011

Why There's No Place Like Home

Returning to your studio is like walking into a room full of friends. It's a grand reunion! (Here you see 2 of my over-weight traveling companions conferring on just where to hide for the next two months while I'm home. I suggest a dark closet far from baggage claim.)
There is that pile of fabric waiting to be touched, that needle and thread hoping for a stitch or two. And your sewing machine ready and able to please you.
The only neat space in the studio that is fit to show.
Until mid-January I will be a studio rat. That means a respite from teaching, traveling, and loading suitcases into cars. It means a span of time to create.
A space cleared for fusing.
And starting Monday, I'll walk you through one of the projects I'm working on. Maybe it will give you some ideas too. It's so great to be in the studio again. Can't wait to get started!

9 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Glad you will have some time at home. There is truly no place as comfortable as ones home.

Janelle said...

I'm glad that you made it through all the travel. Now I can't wait to see what comes out of the studio.

Greenmare said...

welcome home!! I bet it feels sooooo good! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

Exuberant Color said...

Welcome home!!! Have fun in the studio!

Susan said...

Welcome home!

Nancy said...

East-West, home is best! I'm with you... always a good feeling to come home. Enjoy your studio time. We'll be watching.

WoolenSails said...

It will be nice for you to have some rest time at home and for the holidays. I look forward to seeing what new things you create this year.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

Home Sweet Studio!
Beckie

susan said...

So glad to see your studio looks like mine! Though I had company over the weekend, so all my clean laundry and ironing went into my studio! Maybe the laundry will get creative and fold/iron itself? Thanks for sharing!