Monday, December 05, 2011

Being Part of All That Jazz

Good news! My quilt Orchards, Fields, and Streams will be part of the All That Jazz! exhibit curated by Ricky Tims. The exhibit is at the Road to California show, January 19 -22, 2012.

This quilt depicts a view of farmland from above while flying in a very small airplane. Although I was scared witless by being in that very small airplane, I did enjoy the beauty beneath the wings. If you look closely, you'll see that the quilt is based on a traditional quilt format. Can you guess which one?

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

It looks like a nine-patch to me!

Sequana said...

Well, darn. Gene is up earlier than I.

I was about to say "a very careful 9 patch" in order to hold the design.

kathy york said...

Love this one Laura!

Margaret said...

I too see a 9-patch in those fields...lookin' a lot like flying over Saskatchewan and Manitoba -- only jazzier! :-)

Nancy said...

Love it! Yup... a 9-Patch. Interesting how you maintained the water throughout the block-by-block design.

Shaz said...

Yes I think we are all right - it's a clever 9 patch!

orangepflege said...

That looks really great.
buy eve account