Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Can a Cabbage Inspire You?


Is it me, or is that one lovely cabbage? Image growing from a tiny seed into to something as beautiful and complex as this. The squiggly lines and irregular spiral  captivate me! I am mesmerized by a cabbage!
Cabbage. Made in my salad days.
If you keep your eyes open, you can find inspiration in surprising places. Does a good leafy vegetable inspire you?  Does that odd piece of fabric capture your attention? Or the colors of an ad in a magazine? Look out for inspiration. It's everywhere!

3 comments:

susan said...

That cabbage is beautiful! And I love your reproduction! I think my favorite parts are your little bits of humor that you tuck in ...like "made in my salad days" and "aces -- association of combining embroidery stitches". I actually googled that the other day to see if it was fantasy or real! You're a hoot!

Brenda said...

This reminds me of the art project my sons did in kindergarten of drawing a purple cabbage. So yes, I'm inspired by a cabbage!

WoolenSails said...

That is an interesting pattern, now I will be thinking that, every time I cut into a vegetable;)

Debbie