Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Secret about My Past

Stamping in the Sun
There is a new book out from Interweave Press called The Best of Quilting Arts edited by Pokey Bolton. It celebrates 10 years of Quilting Arts Magazine by presenting the "very best articles" from the magazine. And yippee! I'm in it!
Stamping in the Forest
Apparently this book is "your ultimate resource for art quilt techniques and inspiration." With that in mind, check out my article, Carve Stampum on page 57. It describes how I hand carved stamps from Saftety Kut and used them with textile paints to stamp fabric for my quilts like those above.
Here's an example of the many stamps carved from Safety Kut that clutter my shelves. At one time I was an addicted stamp carver. But that's all behind me now. Now that I've discovered a different, less messy, addiction..... hand stitching. And now you know about my secret past.

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

my past includes hand carving stamps also. I carved them for embellishing paintings, but I have also used them in making jewelry. Maybe I should try stamping some fabric!

Julie Bagamary said...

I've only carved erasers...yours are very clever.

WoolenSails said...

I used to do block printing with wood and what ever it is we used back then, lol. It was like a linoleum and on a larger scale, but i used to love using it.

Debbie

Gloria Luz said...

Parabéns pelos lindos trabalhos apresentados durante este ano.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Patti said...

Carve stampoum. Funny!