Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stitch Therapy: Why Gotta Have It

Hello, it's your Stitchologist calling! This is your daily wellness check. Have you stitched something today? Trust me, stitching will make you feel better. The repetitive motion of pulling a needle with thread through fabric soothes the soul. 
And there's another reason to add hand embroidery stitches on your quilt top. It will take it from flat to fabulous. Add a few French Knots or Scattered Seed Stitches and suddenly the world has more dimension, colors are brighter, birds sing and your checkbook balances.
Have you stitched something lately? I'd love to see it. Send photos!

3 comments:

Purl Buttons said...

No, I haven't but I am just about ready to stitch. Had to stop and tell you how much I enjoyed the photos in today's post.!

donaleen said...

Just finished today...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/donaleen/6526855807/

Pamela said...

I enjoyed your class so much last June in stormy Maryland. With short winter days I just finished this piece with some of the leftover fabric. I enjoy listening to audiobooks or podcasts as I stitch - so relaxing!
here is Garden II
http://pamgoffinet.com/data/storage/attachments/ffcbb524957280c27a3249f6c881eee8.jpg