Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guest Artist: Can You Guess How This is Made?

Welsh Green Dragon by Dale
It always surprises me how people use my hand-dyed threads. And this is a good example of that WOW! factor. This stunning dragon (who has just eaten a jalapeno pepper) is made by Dale Drake. Can you guess how she made this?
Dale created her Welsh Green Dragon as a gift for her grand-daughter who is a fan of Harry Potter. She used Green Grass, Really Red, and Sunflower colorways in a size 8 pearl cotton thread. Dale is a tatter and has been know to teach the mysterious art of tatting too. The dragon, designed by Pam Palmer, is mounted to a piece of black fabric and framed. Thank you Dale for sharing your beautiful art with us!

8 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Is it tatted?

Richard Healey said...

That is supper cute.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Josie McRazie said...

I tired tatting, we had a whole bunch of supplies that were my granmother's, oh, bless her those darn things are way to small for this big fingered gal! But her dragon looks great!

Renate said...

All I can say is WOW!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful and creative. I used to make lace doilies, but do not need a new thing to learn, lol.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

How creative! I have some tatting samples and pieces that were done by a man (husband's relative) back in the early 1900's. I rescued from a trunk when my FIL was going through some of his mother's things. My arthritic hands refuse to let me do tatting, but I have tried!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Pat said...

I tried to learn how to tat when I was in High school far to many years ago. I never got the hang of it. Who would ever think to make animals out of it? LOL

String Bean Jean said...

Wow that is awesome and impressive. Neat-o!