Sunday, January 01, 2012

Why Bother with Resolutions for a New Year?

Mille Fiore by Laura Wasilowski
Have you made your New Year's Resolutions? I have and here is the list. (Please do not remind me of them in July.) Like most people, my resolutions are made to keep order in life. And like most people, ciaos is right around the corner.

I hereby resolve to:
  • Make more artwork! Why? Because making art feels good. It gives me a sense of well being, joy, and happiness. Making art is good for your soul.
  • Keep my accounting up to date. (This never happens but I persist in keeping it on my resolution list.)
  • Be less stubborn. (I don't want to talk about it.)
Care to share you resolutions with me? I promise I won't remind you of them in July.

10 comments:

Gene Black said...

My big two are:
Be more creative
Try new techniques even if they look hard

Stoney said...

For me the big ones are:
1-More art, less anger
(No, I don't want to talk about it)
2-A clean studio makes it easier to create more and better art
3-Money spent on art is never wasted, despite the voices in my head
4-World peace is possible. It's on its way. Let's welcome it with great art.

I welcome the new year of 2012 and vow to create my best art yet!

Suzanne said...

Finish many, many (many) UFO'S. Not purchasing of new patterns or supplies (unless needed to finish a specific UFO}

Margaret said...

Happy New Year, Laura!

I resolve to stop correcting the spelling of others who post on blogs, Facebook, etc. But first...

Ciao, Laura, and may your new year be free of chaos! :-)

WoolenSails said...

Mine is to not make any, lol.
I am just going to go with the flow, day to day and see what happens. I plan on making more art pieces, so I want to just explore and not worry about deadlines, just creating.

Debbie

Gayle from MI said...

I resolve to weigh less but have more money in 2012. Whoever listens and records these things, please do not mix these two up like you did last year! And of course making time for more UFO finishing and art quilt making.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

A quilt a week. (I obviously lost my mind somewhere in 2011).
Become the anti-consumer: use what I've got!
Happy New Year, Laura!

Dianne said...

I fail miserably at resolution keeping.
This year I think I will just keep on keepin on and try to be kind to me and everyone I meet.
Oh...and there will be stitching lots and lots of stitching. no resolution required there!

Julie Bagamary said...

I plan to continue my More Blessed To Give Challenge by giving away something creative weekly and post it on my blog on Saturdays and memorize a Scripture a week and post it on Sunday.

Madara said...

Hey, I totally agree with Stoney, as if it would be said with my own words.
I can only add - art work keeps me calm, but my work room 90% of time therefor is a mess!
Of course, all the best for the next year!