Monday, January 23, 2012

You Are Going to Love This Edgy Stuff

Wave blade.
Have you tried decorative rotary cutter blades on your fused fabrics? Decorative rotary cutter blades add a nice embellished edge to fabric. My favorite brand is Olfa. Dectorative rotary cutter blades are a fast way to dress up your quilt and add more interest and whimsy to the piece.
Pinking blade.
They come in a variety of shapes like wave, pinking, and scallop. If you can't find them at your fabric shop, try the scrap booking sections of your hobby shop.  The Olfa brand 45 mm blades fit most rotary cutter handles and are really sharp!
Scallop blade.
My favorite blade shape is the scallop. It cuts both convex and concave shapes. It's like getting two for the price of one!
Tomorrow I'll give you a few rules on how to use decorative blades. These rules were developed after years of doing things wrong so they must be right!

7 comments:

Sequana said...

I'll have to dig around for the one wavy Olfa blade I have here. I've never been able to get it to work for me. I'll be watching the next few days closely.

WoolenSails said...

I do have that cutter and two blades, and have used it to make my own rick rack with wool. I could use some tips, find it hard to cut a straight line without cutting up the ruler I am using.

Debbie

Richard Healey said...

I was looking at one of those blades Saturday at the store and was wondering how well they worked. Looking forward to what you can show me about them.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

KatieQ said...

This sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to learn more about it.

Donna said...

I have those blades and love them! I look forward to reading your rules tomorrow.
D~~~~

PAMMAGINATION Creativity Unleashed said...

Your work and the beautiful colors you use just always make me happy when I look at it. Just wanted you to know...thx Pamm

lefuntz said...

I have a wavy blade. It's fun! I wish you made a deckle version.