Friday, February 17, 2012

Going Through a Phase

Postcards from Home #22
Every noticed how you go through phases when making art work? One day you are enthralled with the color blue, the next day mauve is your favorite shade of red. One phase I've been through is above. I went on a binge and made 22 quilts with the title of Postcards from Home.
Postcards from Home #21
The Postcard from Home series were all created on black fabric with fused fabrics. The fabrics were hand stamped and printed often with black textile ink. The stitching with black thread added to the effect I wanted, that of a woodcut. Ever been through a phase? Was it mauve? I'm so sorry.

2 comments:

Marcia W. said...

Thanks for the photo journey - especially liked the reasons to love quilting series in preceding posts!

WoolenSails said...

I love these and the way you cut them.
I do tend to get into one thing and stick with it, till something else spurs me on, lol.

Debbie