Sunday, February 19, 2012

Guest Artists: Something to Crow About and Gone to the Dogs!

Something to Crow About by Gene Black
We have 2 guest artists today that have added a touch of whimsey to their work. Our buddy Gene Black used a free pattern from the Artfabrik website and made it his own. The fabrics he's chosen give Something to Crow About a painterly quality. And don't you love the tilt of that bird? He must be on a mission!
Dalmatian by Susan Ford
Our other guest artist, Susan Ford, took my Colorful Leaves  class at Quilting in the Desert. After making her leaf she made this charming dalmatian quilt. Susan did break "The Promise" and admits to getting fusible web on the ironing board during class. But she is new to this fusing thing, so we forgive her. At least she didn't set the iron on fire and have the fire department show up!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Gene Black is extremely talented and I am honored that I came to know him via his blog a couple of years back. To me, he has more creativity and talent in his pinky finger than I have in my whole body....and I truly enjoy seeing what he makes!

WoolenSails said...

What fun pieces and wonderful take on their own type of whimsey.

Debbie

susan said...

This is wonderful! Laura, do you ever have a dud? I've tried to do your Morning Glory, and it just feels flat. I would like to send you a picture of it. Would you give me some suggestions?

Marcia W. said...

I was visiting Gene Black's blog today and read that you were giving a mention over here. Love that rooster! Gene's EQ pattern described in some of the recent posts is amazing as well. Thanks for the sharing.