Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reason #2 to Love Quilting

Joyful Heart #17
Reason #2 to Love Quilt Art: Quilts take you around the world. No matter where you go in the world you soon discover a connection to quilt making.
Tokyo Quilt Show 2007
Whether viewing a quilt show, teaching at a quilt symposium, or visiting a friend, quilts have given me the gift of travel. Travel to wonderful places like Japan and Spain. These trips have opened my eyes to other cultures and customs. I may not speak the language, but I do speak quilt.
Festival of Patchwork in Sitges, Spain, 2009
Want to broaden your horizons? Become a quilt maker. Through quilt making you can travel the world and never be alone. You'll see exciting places and meet local quilt makers who will welcome you with open arms. You'll love it!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

How wonderful, I'm hooked already, begun my first quilt last summer and now I'm on number three, I can't imagine life without quilting now. I feel so happy to have found it:)
Thanks for all your tips on fusing - I have yet to try applique with fusables but would really like to. Dianna

Gene Black said...

Yes there truly are quilters all over the world. Thru the internet I have met some from Poland, South Africa and many other parts of the world.

Love your Joyful Heart quilt.

WoolenSails said...

How true, I have met so many wonderful friends and seen so many wonderful quilts, that I would have never been able to, without the internet.

Debbie