Friday, February 03, 2012

Studio Tour Day 1: Welcome to My Studio!

My House #14 where I make art.
I always jump at the opportunity to see another artist's studio. My friend Frieda, for example, has a huge basement room with carpeting, big tables, and a dog. Like Frieda, my studio is in my house.
This week I'd give you a tour of my home studio. Each day I'll show you the various work stations, storage space, and even a place for day dreaming.  So here is our first view of where I work. We are walking down stair into the basement. See those rows of books? Many are children's books loved for their great illustrations. Welcome to my studio! Come on in!

5 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Oh I love using childrens books for inspiration. I am forever checking out books from work just for the illustrations.

Linda said...

I also love children's books and find them inspiring. I have tons that I used as an elementary school teacher. I'm excited about seeing your studio.

WoolenSails said...

I still have to decide how I want to decorate at the bottom of my stairway. No nooks on the stairs, but a nice big space at the bottom and the first thing people see when they walk in, so time to decorate.

Debbie

Richard Healey said...

I love the little house block that is pretty cool.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Erwin L.Hagans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.