Saturday, February 04, 2012

Studio Tour Day 2: What a Mess!

This is a little embarrassing. Our tour of my studio begins with the entrance to the dye studio (also the family laundry room). I've been dyeing here for 25 years so the clutter is enormous! Hope this doesn't scare too many of you.

As you enter the room, you see a large table where I dye the fabric and thread, iron the fabric, and make quilts. It's just the right height and my scissors and dye supplies are at hand. The washer and dryer are an easy distance from the table. A useful laundry sink is next to them. Under the table are storage shelves for tubs, paints, and tools. And there on the shelf you see my dye bottles at the ready.

If you pivot to your left, you'll see my office space. My computer, files, bulletin board, and book shelves are a neat-a-holics nightmare. If you think this is scary, just wait until tomorrow. I'll be dyeing!

8 comments:

JessicaSews said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the space! It looks like a lot is going on, on the table...!!! Lots of bright fabric pieces!

Please tell me that you also take more rooms in the house...like me!

shawn said...

Wow! What a nice big area. Since I do art too the mess doesn't bother me :) at least until I can't anything!

Richard Healey said...

I love the stuff you do this is fun seeing where you do it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Nienke said...

Scary...? Invite me over and I won't leave for weeks ;-) so much to see and do!

WoolenSails said...

Now i don't feel so bad about my clutter, lol.

Debbie

Judy said...

I know there ARE neat artists out there, but I haven't met any!!
Art= MESS =- Big Time!!Love your big space.

Gari said...

This looks like a real "work" room. Love it.

sanann said...

Laura we are sisters in clutter! I can find everything I need in my clutter. It is only when I have my once a year cleaning binge that I lose stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to figure out if we can build a basement on this island...prolly not. I'm in the kitchen and spread out in garage too. Sandi