Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Studio Tour Day 5: Work Stations or Maybe Play Stations?


There are several work stations in my sewing studio that are vital for a fuser / quilter / artist with flair! First is the fusing station, a table covered in a large Teflon sheet just at the right height for a short woman with short arms. Notice the mound of fused fabrics scraps on the back end of the table. Very important for a improviser like me.

Then we have the Accuquilt die cutter. The huge industrial looking one is called a Studio and is used for cutting mega shapes. The small one, the Baby Go!, is more portable and cuts my favorite die, Kay's Bouquets.

Then there are the Janome sewing machines, much loved but little used right now. One was bought used and is my favorite. The young whipper snapper is great too especially for free-motion work.

Please come back tomorrow and I'll show you more exciting things. Or maybe sorta interesting things.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for the studio tour Laura. Your space is very cool!
D~~~~

Margaret said...

I've been enjoying your studio tour, and am definitely in lust with all your toys!

Marilyn said...

Love the mess. I mean playground.

WoolenSails said...

I didn't realize how big the studio was, definitely needs it own space. I need to adjust the heights on my tables to make it better for sewing and my cutting table height is too short.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

Love the Cut-Color-Fuse stations. Kindergarteners have Cut-Color-Paste Tables.
Beckie