Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's It Like to Teach on a Cruise Ship? There Be Quilters!

All aboard matey! ARRRGGGHHH!
This has been my home for the last 14 days. Like a salty old sailor, I have braved the seas of the Pacific Ocean and discovered the land of Hawaii. My teaching cruise to the Hawaiian islands was great fun! It was an opportunity to renew friendships with fellow quilt teachers, to meet new quilt friends, and to gain 10 pounds.
The Pacific Ocean posing for the camera.
The cruise may be over but my sea legs are still with me. Who knew that the flat land of Illinois could roll like the ocean? I find myself lurching through my studio and weaving up the stairs. When does your sense of balance return?
Deb Roberts (tour director), Rose Hughes, and myself
For a total of 6 days I taught a variety of fusing classes to a group of 80 quilters on the tour. And tomorrow I'd like to show you a few of the things my students made on board. (You can always join me on my next cruise to Baltic!)

2 comments:

Locart said...

All of you are so lucky!! Enjoy!!

WoolenSails said...

I think it would be worth a few extra pounds, lol.
What a fun way to take a class and so many things on the trip, for inspiration.

Debbie