Friday, February 24, 2012

What's It Like to Teach on a Cruise Ship? There Be Fun!

Vicki's fish from the Object Lesson Class.
Ahoy! By the end of my teaching cruise to Hawaii, I had picked up a lot of the sailing jargon. Now I use words like "latitude" and "longitude" when describing my location at the local shopping mall. Sailing jargon is also now part of my quilt jargon as in: "Ahoy Ye Quilters! Have ye thy mat and cutter? Arrrggghhh!"
A few haaarrrdy students from the Garden of Eden Class.
True, we met no pirates on our journey across the might Pacific Ocean but, I did meet plenty of haaaaarrrrrrdy quilters. Here you see graduates of The Chicago School of Fusing. These hardy mariners are celebrating their degrees in Fusology and yachting. (You think ironing on land is hard, try it at sea!)
Lynn's flower pot from the Object Lesson class.
The quilt cruise was great fun and I look forward to my next cruising journey to the Baltic in August of this year. There we'll meet Vikings and Czars and more friendly quilters.

And I shall gain 10 pounds.

5 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

What a great work life! I know you work hard but as they say location is everything!

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, as well as all of the participants, lots of fun pieces.

Debbie

Donna said...

It looks like your trip was a blast! I've certainly been enjoying the pictures! I always enjoy your posts though, no matter what subject your blogging about.
Have a fabulous day.
D~~~~

Locart said...

All of you had made a great and beautiful work! I am jealous.... Enjoy!!

Libbylobs said...

This is really nice, they're such cute designs and they're so colourful :)


libbylobs.blogspot.com