Monday, March 26, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ditsy

Sketch of a ditsy duck, self-portrait #4 by Laura Wasilowski.
Today I was reminded about the bad part of travel. When you live at 800 feet above sea level and go to over 5,000 feet above sea level, you feel a little dizzy, ditsy, and dopey.
As I understand it, a hot air balloon is constructed in a manor similar to this.
Today I was also reminded about the good part of travel: you make new friends and they teach you things. They teach you about the Sandia (watermelon) Mountains, the Three Sisters (volcanoes) within site of Albuquerque, and how to make a hot air balloon (it takes a lot of fabric). I want to thank the New Mexico Quilters of Albuquerque for taking such good care of me. And for sharing their beautiful state with me.

On to Santa Fe!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your duck would make a fun piece, it reminds me of the calligraphy drawings.

Debbie

Marybeth said...

Altitude can give you "attitude!"
Love the duck! Marybeth

CsqDesigns said...

I love how colorful your blog is! I'm from Illinois, living in Kentucky now, but I've got friends in Elgin.