Sunday, March 11, 2012

Guest Artist: This Gal Has Panache!

Party Star by Susan Cleveland
Our guest artist today is the amazing Susan Cleveland. Her work is so beautiful and immaculately executed, I am embarrassed to be on the same blog with her. But if you know Susan, you know she is way too much fun and down to earth.
Detail of Party Star by Susan Cleveland using my Size 12 thread.
Here is a detail of the stitching for Party Star using my hand dyed Size 12 cotton thread. Susan says: I wanted to share with you that I used your #12 pearl cotton in the border quilting on a quilt in my newest book, Precision & Panache. I called it confetti quilting but I think it’s officially the seed stitch. My stitching goes through all layers of the quilt. It’s just perfect for this little quilt.

Thank you for sharing your work with us Susan!

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love her design. You have some of the best guest artists. Obviously, you are an inspiration!

Richard Healey said...

That is fantastic nice job.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

WoolenSails said...

What a beautiful piece and the threads look beautiful on it.I just finished a stitchery and used some of your #3 thread for the flowers, need to finish it, so maybe tomorrow I can have a photo up.

Debbie

Norwegianstitch said...

Amazing!