Friday, March 09, 2012

Can You Believe Their Endurance?

Julie's dog in the garden. Woof!
Sadly, my class at Quilting Adventures ends today. The students are putting the finishing touches on their quilts and then vanishing into the vast state called Texas.
Alice has begun the hand stitchery on her endearing interior scene.
I shall miss their smiling faces and goofy songs. And their ability to stick it out for a week in my classroom. Such endurance!
Susan Dear's dog, Abby. She's pank.
As usual, I learn more from my students than they learn from me. This time I learned the correct pronunciation of the word "pink". In Texan it is pronounced "pank". As in: Susan Dear's dawg is pank.
Kay's sail fish and whimsical flower pot.
Today they receive a very valuable item from the Chicago School of Fusing, their personal CSOF graduation badge. This coveted badge is given only to those who have passed the class.
Carolyn created this wonderful cactus on a background fabric by Mickey Lawler.
So far no one has actually failed. But you never know. What if a student started a fire with their iron? Grounds for failure. I should think so!
Barbara's scene from her home on wonderful hand dyed fabric.
Fortunately, all my lovely students at Quilting Adventures will receive their graduate badge. It's a very moving ceremony.
Sharon found just the right fabric for her lovely birds.
 Let us all welcome them to the Order of the Iron Maiden!

.

4 comments:

Sequana said...

"Moving" As in, they are moving quickly to the door in a final escape? :}

Great projects tho.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Fun works! My pank dawg (beanie baby) is along for the drive this year. Posting a pic of her each day - "where's waldo" style.

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful projects from the class, it is amazing how much can be done with fusing and machine sewing.

Debbie

Exuberant Color said...

I am impressed! You have some real artists in your class!! I'm sure they learned a lot from you too, but probably not a Chicago accent.