Friday, March 23, 2012

Revisiting an Old Friend with Ears

Wheat Ear Stitch........ or rabbits?
Remember the charming little Wheat Ear Stitch? It is such a happy little stitch. Doesn't it resemble little bunny faces looking at you from a field of fabric? (I must get some rest.)
Wheat Ear stitches dancing together.
Here are Wheat Ear Stitches forming a circle and startling a Little Bird on the Prairie.
And here's an updated version of the stitch. Why not use it as tulips in a border? Gotta love that Wheat Ear!

8 comments:

Beth said...

It does look like little bunny ears. I like it.

Julie Bagamary said...

Cute.

Sequana said...

Now they look like Flying Bunnies and Bunny plants. *trying not to think of what you'd use for Bunny seeds*

Gene Black said...

Ha.. you see bunnies, I see carrots! How interesting!

Margaret said...

Before I read that you were calling it 'Wheat ear stitch', I was thinkin', "Bunny ear stitch"...! Gettin' ready for Easter, I see...

:-)

Kit Lang said...

I don't even know how I ended up here (clicking through links!); but I love this little stitch and I think I need to learn how to do this to incorporate it in some of my work.

(And also, I think I know your name from Melody Johnson. Were/are you involved with the Chicago School of Fusing? )

CaliQuilter said...

Love these stitches! I live in California but have visited Chicago and its museums several times. I agree there is lots of wonderful things to see.

WoolenSails said...

Some day when I have some free time, I want to sit down with some thread and fabric and just practice stitches, love the idea of using them in my pieces.

Debbie